Simulator with iCloud

iCloud Drive doesn't appear to work at all for me in the iOS 11 Simulator. As near as I can tell, it should. I've signed into my account in settings->Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes & App Store (and signed out/in several times). I've gone into iCloud settings and turned on/off/on/etc iCloud Drive and same for the app I'm developing. I've tried it on two different macs with the same results.

When I use the Files app on the Simulator, it shows 0 items, 1.47 TB available. The 0 is wron but the 1.47 TB available is right so it's getting some of the info from iCloud Drive.

Most importantly, when I run my app and attempt to use files in my app's iCloud Drive container, the files are older than they should be. When I update the files on another platform, they don't get updated in the simulator. When I update then from my app in the Simulator, the changes never show up on another platform.

Questions:

- Should iCloud Drive work in the Simulator?

- If so, should the Files app show the files I have in my iCloud Drive in the Simulator?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Ray

Replies

iCloud Drive is not functioning correctly in the iOS 11.0 and 11.1 beta simulator versions. This should get listed as a known issue on the release notes if it isn't already. We're aware of the issue and working on getting a fix into developers' hands.

Hello,

same issue here. Any news for a fix ?

Thanks for any reply on this.

Stefano

Have you reviewed the latest Xcode release notes yet to see if this is discussed as fixed?

macOS 10.13 installed. No fix for the issue.

Can we expect some good news in a sensible time ?

Would you please advise.

Thank you.

Same problem with Xcode 9.1 and iOS Simulator 10.3

macOS 10.13.1 installed. XCode 9.1. No fix for the issue.

Would you please advise.

Thank you.

It should be fixed in iOS 11.2 beta (included in Xcode 9.2 beta)

Yes I confirm: tested with XCode Version 9.2 beta (9C34b) under macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 (17B48)

XCode Simulator running with the XCode beta version correctly syncs iCloud data of the app container.

At last ! Cheers.

Until the next version 😕

XCode Version 9.2 beta (9C34b) / Mac OS 10.13.2 Beta (17C85a)

Doesn't completly work for me. Initial sync does work (was not working at all before) but changes made to the iCloud Drive on the Mac don't sync back to the simulator (they do sync back correctly to a device)

for simulators - have to trigger manually

• thank you KiranSarella, that helped!

Add a Comment