How to test WKWebview

Now I'm writing the unit tests. There is a problem to test the WKWebView. Do you know how to execute the navigationDelegate methods. I have tried like this, but it crashed. Could you please help me? Thanks in advance. let wkNavigation = WKNavigation() let error = NSError() vc.wkWebView?.navigationDelegate?.webView!(vc.wkWebView!, didFail: wkNavigation, withError: error)

Replies

I have tried like this, but it crashed.

That’s kinda vague. Which line specifically crashed? And what did the crash look like?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

The crash is bellow.

Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS(code=1,address=0x0)

The crash is bellow.

Below what?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

[For those reading along at home, the above conversation is a little confusing because leaf1 edited their post to fix the problem I was concerned with.]

That’s not what I was looking for, alas. Rather, I was wondering where this crash occurred in your source code (specifically with reference to the three statements you showed in your original post).

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”

func testWKNavigation() {
        _ = WKNavigation()
    }

This is enough to get the crash: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x0)

I don't know all the technicalities behind WKNavigation implementation, but it appears that as soon as the control exits the current scope, WKNavigation object gets deallocated automatically -- as if it's set to auto-release itself, and that's why you get the crash. The method signature expects to get a non-nil navigation object (it's explicitly unwrapped).

You need to declare your instance of WKNavigation in a scope that out lives the scope of the test function itself. This will work, though:

Code Block swift
class MyTestCase: XCTestCase {
let navigation = WKNavigation()
func testDelegate() {
// some assertions
delegate.webView(webView, didFail: navigation, withError: error)
// some assertions
}
}

Add a Comment