UIKeyboardAppearanceDark issue

I'm seeing some weird behavior on iOS 9 beta 3 when using the dark keyboard style. If a UITextField is first responder and I open a modal and dismiss the modal, the keyboard partly returns to the default light style. (see screenshot below) It seems to be an issue everywhere and I doubt this is something I can fix myself. Could this be a bug in the beta?

http://roebert.nl/uploads/images/screenshot_dark_light_keyboard.png

Replies

I created a bug report with a project to reproduce this bug: rdar://21754521

This isn't even the default light style. Many keys don't even show up, so this is definitely a bug in iOS. Apple's bug tracker is abysmal. How can I view your radar report?

As a workaround until this bug is fixed you can resign the first responder before presenting the modal view controller.

This does not work, unless you wait with presenting before the keyboard is totally dismissed. The only thing that seems to work is to show and hide the keyboard directly when the modal view controller is shown.

The bug is still there in the GM-seed 😟

Did you find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem with the release of iOS 9.

Befor presenting another view, let your UITextField or UITextView resignFirstResponder. Then the keyboard will dismiss, this issue can be avoided.

It works for me.