Apple support any oldest mac with thunderbolt but no Nvidia-based mac for AMD-eGPU KIT, NOT can Apple response

Apple support any older and cheaper mac with thunderbolt but not Nvidia-based for AMD-eGPU KIT

This is what I'm saying.

At least, Apple totally completely could disable Nvidia-eGPU and turn Nvidia-based macbook into iGPU-based macbook, which is already an existed model.

At least, Apple totally completely could disable Nvidia-eGPU and turn Nvidia-based macbook into iGPU-based macbook, which is already an existed model.

OR interim method, switch iGPU or nGPU in boot, for AMD-eGPU

This situation happened just because Apple never think about this issue severity.

PS: IF anyone Apple staff deletes my post, I will email Mr.cook again, Apple exective liaison from Mr.cook office just contacted me.

Accepted Reply

I will always pin this topic on the top until Apple fix it.😠

Apple is so mean that don't approve my review.

Replies

I will always pin this topic on the top until Apple fix it.😠

Apple is so mean that don't approve my review.

This is not the correct channel for your complaints. Please either provide feedback via the feedback tool or provide feedback via apple.com/feedback. It says in the support document that this is beta and things are subject to change. It would be nice to see them provide support for older MacBooks but seeing how thunderbolt 2 MacBooks aren't offically supported I doubt anything will change.

This is not the problem of Thunderbolt2 or old macbook, you should figure out Apple even support thunderbolt1 and 2011 mac devices as long as there're not NVIDIA card. So your theory is not supported.

When you decide to reply other's post, don't reply with anything you're not familiar.

I understand your frustration but the response is still the same.

I am very familiar with External GPU's, I use to use an eGPU with my Thunderbolt 2 13" Macbook Pro, so I understand it works as long as there is no Nvidia GPU. I am now using a 15" Touchbar MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3

Apple does not offically support any Mac with thunderbolt 1 or 2 regardless of its GPU configuration. Does it work? Yes it does, however Apple is not requried to support this. Once again, This is a feature request that should be going via apple.com/feedback not the developer forums. However like others have stated to you, eGPU support is in beta so we may see nvidia support added in the final release.

However, as I assume you are aware there is a work around on egpu.io for high sierra and Nvidia GPU's now.