Use current location alert wrong

I have a Mac app that's been selling at the Mac App Store for a few years called Ultimate Campground Project. It uses Apple maps. When the user starts the app, it asks if the app can use the user's current location just like other user-location aware apps do. So far so good. Then after I installed High Sierra I noticed that the alert asking to use the current location is all messed up -- see URL below. It says something like "h~$;i@¶ƒå´º would like to use your" and that's it. This just started happening with High Sierra. Does anyone have a clue what's going on? Where is this alert getting the app name? If I knew that I could research it. And why did it work fine in all previous OS version but suddenly break in High Sierra? Any help appreciated.

http://www.modesittsoftware.com/tmp/CurrentLocationAlert.png

Accepted Reply

I filed a radar on it, and apparently it's a duplicate of bug 33989717

Replies

I think the privacy dialogs use the CFBundleDisplayName key in the Info.plist file. You might want to double check your compiled app executable's Info.plist file. I've seen Xcode change the Info.plist in odd ways before.

No, that wasn't it. I even created a new project that included a map. It correctly shows the alert. I compared its plist file to my app's plist file and both contain virtually the same info, no more no less. Very puzzeling. Thanks anyway.

I filed a radar on it, and apparently it's a duplicate of bug 33989717