11.1(15J5571d) broke my 4K. How to roll back?

The latest beta is completely unusable. I have reset twice with both options, but it keeps installing the same beta. When the Apple TV goes to sleep it wakes back up with a pink 720p rectangle. The only recourse is to pull the cable and force restart. When it does boot up, Netflix will only play audio (green screen for 4K video, black screen for HD video). My stereo sound clips, but that has been an issue since 11.0. I have tried different cables, speakers etc. and nothing works.

I've got the latest Xcode, paired it and set it up in Apple Configurator 2. How do I get it rolled back to 11.0 from here?

Or should I just give up and take it back to Apple?

Replies

Can you please file a bug report with an attached sysdiagnose from your device? I would suggest trying the next beta and see if it resolves your issue, or contact AppleCare if necessary.

Do you experience the same issues if you switch the device into 1080p mode (as a potential temporary workaround)?

Having the same 720p pink screen here too! Only fix is to pull the cable. Any eta on the next beta? Or a way to restore?

The new tvOS 11.1 beta 3 is out now. Can you please update and see if the issue is still reproducing?