meta tag apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style

Is black-translucent no longer a valid value for the meta tag apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style? In IOS 10, that bar was transparent and didn't have a height now it has a height?. I am hoping to make images full screen but unable to do so with IOS 11

Replies

I have the same issue. This must be a bug. If you turn the phone to landscape and back to portrait it looks fine again.

I have an ipad app in landscape and it still doesn't work for me, no matter how many times I turn it - pretty much screwed with my full page layout

I am having the same issue. The statusbar is completely white, and after a landscape-rotation and back, only then it works.

Having same issue on 11.1, please fix it.

Today I noticed this in the Safari remote debugger when looking at one of my Web Apps... '"black-translucent" is a deprecated apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style value. Support for this value will be removed in a future release.' I don't know how long that has been the case, but at any rate looks like its on the way out.

I noticed the same thing on iOS 11.2.6 and Safari 11.0. After a landscape rotation and back, I got the expected looking with "black-translucent" value set on "apple-mobile-web-app-status-bar-style" meta tag.

So I removed meta tag because it is annoying for my users.

iOS status bar is well displayed on first load with black background. I recheck a landscape rotation and back and I am so astonished that iOS status bar become translucid and web app content rendered on all screen (below iOS status bar informations).