App Store not updating screenshots

I made an update to an app but it's using screenshots from the previous update.

I thought it might have been a caching issue on my device but I checked my app listing on other devices that hadn't visited it before and they still show the old screenshots.

What's strange is that if I share the app in Messages it will show the new screenshot in the share preview but not in the App Store.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of JohnD Down vote post of JohnD
13k views

Replies

Anyone from Apple able to comment on this issue? This seems like a major issue with the new App Store. I submitted a bug report but I haven't had a response yet.

Hi John, I'm getting the same issue with our app. Did you hear back from Apple?

No, they haven't responded and I'm still seeing the old screenshots. It's very frustrating.

I also just checked iOS 11.1 Beta 2 and it's still showing old screenshots.

It's almost a month later and this issue is still not fixed on the App Store.

Is anyone seeing new screenshots appear for newer updates? I haven't updated my app since I posted.

I too have exactly the same issue.

I contacted Apple and the only response was a request to answer some unrelated questions, names of affected users, steps to replicate the issue etc.

Did anybody get any information?

I’m now experiencing this issue for the first time. Has anyone found a fix yet? The only updated screens showing are the only screens I manually added (5.5 & 5.8”), the other screens I ticked the “Use 5.5” screen” option which I think might be the issue. Maybe it’s a bug?

Same problem with our app (updated a month ago). I also find that the problem occurs only on some devices.

Is this being tracked from someone from Apple?

I have exactly the same problem with my app.

If i look at the store on the browser version, the screenshots are updated but when I look form an Iphone, the screenshots are form the older version, it is very frustrating

We are having the exact same problem. But, I think I just found the solution.

While looking at the "App Store" tab within "App Store Connect", all of our screen shots looked correct. But in the public facing app store listing, it was showing some old screen shots.

Digging deeper, I clicked the "View All Sizes in Media Manager" link in the "App Previews and Screenshots" section within "App Store Connect". In this section, I could see many of our old screen shots being used on smaller devices. I simply removed all the old screen shots, and then clicked the various [ Use #.#" Display ] checkboxes to inherit the correct pictures from the larger devices.

I am guessing this is going to work, but am currently still working on putting together the final .ipa for release. I hope this helps myself and others! 😉

I'm having a similar issue but I've gone through all my screen shots for iPad and they all show the new screen shot. But when I view them in "View All Sizes in Media Manager" I can see that the 9.7 display size is showing the old screen shot. I only have the options of "12.9" and 12.9" iPad Pro (3rd Gen) and iPad Pro (2nd Gen) no option for "9.7" 😕

Same issue. I will try now to delete all screenshots and to submit a new build. Thanks Apple!
Same issue. Does anyone have the solution?
Facing same issue here ... Stuck with old screenshots on the App Store
Same issue i faced VALIDATIONJOBFAILED on screenshots, but friends got it solution now just remove space for screenshot name and now done... simply rename the screenshots as "1.png, 2.png...Hope it helps you guys...

Hi Team, we are also facing same issue, latest screenshots are not reflecting after my app update. But i can see latest screenshots in appstore connect in browser.

Do we have any other way for uploading screenshots again?