No permission to xcassets?

Well this is new... In adding new folders or assets to my various .xcassets items in Xcode 9, it adds the item a-ok but always gives me a sheet stating:

You don't have permission to save the file "some file" in the folder "Assets.xcassets". To view or change permissions, select the item in the Finder and choose File > Get Info.

I have full read-write access to the entire drive that my projects reside on. I also double-checked the individual items (top-level folder of 'Assets.xcassets') and everything inside it.

Anyone else seeing this? Yet another strike against version 9. I will shortly try the 9.1 beta and see if that's any better. This is definitely causing a brick wall since I need to add numerous assets and will get this goofy sheet for every single one of them.

Replies

Ok, I fixed it by issuing a 'sudo chown -R myusername /Volumes/MyDevVolume'

This left two identical entries in my permissions though! And deleting one not an option. Thus, I added another admin account and did a 'sudo chown' with that new account. This gave me now three entries for owner:

myusername Read & Write

myusername Read & Write

newadmin Read & Write

I was then able to remove the two 'myusername' entries (applying the change to all nested items on the drive). Finally, a final 'sudo chown' to change the 'newadmin' entry to 'myusername'. Now all is well with Xcode 9.

Solution, In my case.

Finder >> file >> info ... Read & Write ... did not woring.

1. Assets.xcassets rename at Finder (ex. old.Assets.xcassets)

2. Delete Assets.xcassets, using Remove Reference at Xcode.

3. New File... 'Asset Catalog' at Xcode.

4. Move file old.Assets.xcassets to the new Assets.xcassets at Finder.

5. Remove old.Assets.xcassets.

Good luck...