SafariBookmarksSyncAgent quit unexpectedly.

Safari / El Capitain 10.11.6

Yesterday ended up downloading Safari 11 for Sierra in error - Strangely it allowed installation - but obviously didnt run-long story short I was able to get Safari 11/El Capitain pre release beta to overwite via Pacafist ( installer wouldnt work as it saw Safari as newer)and all working , except now I get :"SafariBookmarksSyncAgent quit unexpectedly" every 10 seconds.It goes away if I remove "SafariBookmarksSyncAgent" ( which along with other files in the bundle has a mod date 08/09/17 so hasnt been updated) I have El capiatin 10.11.6 OS final image /Safari EC beta image and the Safari 11 Sierra image.Anyone know what files I can swap over to sort this out.Any advice much appreciated.Some details..more if needed :

Dyld Error Message:

Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_WBSAnalyticsLogger

Referenced from: /System/Library/CoreServices/SafariSupport.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBookmarksSyncAgent (which was built for Mac OS X 10.12)

Expected in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/SafariCore.framework/Versions/A/SafariCore

in /System/Library/CoreServices/SafariSupport.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SafariBookmarksSyncAgent

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of tgordine Down vote post of tgordine
30k views

Replies

Hey tgordine,

I am seeing this same error too. Clicking 'Ignore' only closes the popup modal for a few seconds before it reappears. Anyone know the fix for this? This started happening after installing an update.

Same thing here. 😟

Any news on that?

I have the same issue.

I have the same problem😟

I am seeing this in my mac today,

I'd recommend doing a clean install of the OS to get out of this state.

Hi @tgordine just remove SafariBookmarkSyncAgent:

1. Disable System Integrity Protection (SIP), instructions here.

2. Go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SafariSupport.bundle/Contents/MacOS/

3. Move SafariBookmarkSyncAgent to Thrash

4. Enable System Integrity Protection (SIP) to get all in order again

5. Be happy.

Hope this helps for all who are research in this topic.

The agent is located in a different directory on later versions of the OS.

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

/Library/Apple/System/Library/CoreServices/SafariSupport.bundle/Contents/MacOS

SafariBookmarksSyncAgent: Mach-O universal binary with 2 architectures: [x86_64:Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64] [arm64e:Mach-O 64-bit executable arm64e] SafariBookmarksSyncAgent (for architecture x86_64): Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64 SafariBookmarksSyncAgent (for architecture arm64e): Mach-O 64-bit executable arm64e

I fixed it! I wasn't able to find it in any of the paths recommended online.

Click "Report..." when the error appears and then click "Show Details". Within the details you'll be able to fine the path for SafariBookmarkSyncAgent. Then delete SafariBookmarkSyncAgent.

In my case, it was actually within an Xcode simulator that I usually have open.