No "System Extension Blocked"dialog on macOS 10.13

Our installer includes a kernel extension, which is loaded at the installation to make sure the "System Extension Blocked" dialog is shown to the user. On a beta version of High Sierra I did see this dialog, but on 10.13 (final) it did not show up. The allow button in the preferences is there as expected.

In the install.log I can see that the kext has been attempted to load as expected:

this is the output of "sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext -v":

./postinstall: /Library/Extensions/CmUSBMassStorage.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) system policy prevents loading; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

this line is written if the returned status code is 27:

./postinstall: Kext has to be approved by user!

Any idea why the dialog could be missing?

Replies

Any answers appreciated. Also for example:

- I don't know

- Same problem for me

- I did also encounter differences between VM and "real" computer

- I did also encounter differences between beta version and release

- try another forum, this is the wrong place for this question

- try another formulation it contains too many grammatical errors to be clear

Have you tried cleaning the sql database when running in recovery mode?

Because the "System Extension Blocked" dialog does not appear all the time. Only when trying to load a kext that is not listed in the database yet. AFAIK.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

High Sierra was installed on a clean System. No Update installation or reset. Afterwards our Software was installed for the first time.

But for the future it would be nice to know where I can read the database content.