iOS 11 - Offload app feature - Push Notifications

How to does push notifications work in case of "Offload app" feature in iPad?

I am facing an issue in iOS 11 on iPad, my application still receives push notifications in "Offload app" status. Is there any delegate or a notification the app can handle in this state.

So far i couldn't find any documentation for the same. Suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Replies

I've observed the same behaviour with one of our Apps - if the App is offloaded, the device will continue to recieve push notifications. Since the App is (effectively) uninstalled, it seems that there's not delegate to call-back to, and touching the notification banner does nothing, doesn't even show a message that the app has been offloaded that you would see when you touch the App icon.

This behaviour persisted for me for a couple of days, although I haven't tested longer than that to know if it the APNs token remains valid indefinitely. I likewise was unable to find any definitive developer documentation about how offloaded apps effect push notifications (or technical documentation on offloaded apps in general). Were you able to find any information Sumanth?

No, I couldn't find any resolution for this. I am following up with Apple Code-Support team, hopefully they should share more insights on how to handle this scenario.

SumanthN, do you have any additional information about this from support? I'd really appretiate if you share it because I'm having very similar issue atm