How to add device to iOS Team Provisioning Profile

I've been going round in circles trying to find out how to add a new device to my iOS Team Provisioning Profile.

I used to be able to do this but something has changed and now it has all become very confusing.

The device belongs to one of my remote testers so cann't be added via Xcode.

I've added the device into the Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles -> Devices section on the Develoepr Portal.

There is no Team Provisioning Profile listed under Provisioning Profiles so I can't add the device to it there.

It looks like the Team Provisioning Profile now automatically includes all the devices added but I can't find anyway of getting Xcode to download or use such a profile. The popup in Xcode that gives the summary about the Xcode Managed Profile says it has 61 devices assigned to it. This does not match the number set up on the portal.

In previous versions of Xcode I'd go to Preferences -> Accounts -> Apple IDs -> View Details but in Xcode 9 View Details option is no longer there.

Replies

>This does not match the number set up on the portal.

What is that number?

I meet the same problem, ****...

I was able to refresh the Xcode manged provisioning profiles in Xcode 9.1. In Xcode preferences->Accounts->Manage Certificates... I click the additional options downward caret next to the plus sign and select iOS Distribution (or whichever is appropriate) and that seems to refresh the managed certificate with the new device list

Thanks, this solved the issue for me.

I thought all this stuff was supposed to be automatic.