Mail app not updating properly on Watch?

I've had an odd bug appear since the initial betas of watchOS 4 all the way through the GM and watchOS 4.1. Specifically, the Inbox on the watch does not appear to properly delete messages from the Inbox unless the app is in the foreground. This seems to happen for both deleted messages and messages moved from the Inbox to another folder.

To be clear: I'm not talking about a delay, whereby once you open Mail on the watch the messages remove themselves. I mean a permanent state whereby if the message was deleted in macOS or iOS, it remains in the watch inbox until you delete it manually on the watch UNLESS the watch happened to have the Mail app active and open at the time of deletion/movement. This also occurs across multiple email providers (both iCloud and Exchange), so it's not a problem with just one specific provider.

Has anyone else experienced this and possibly found a solution? (I've filed multiple bug reports with no response from Apple over the past month).

TIA.

Replies

i am having same issue on my S2 watch. I opened a ticket with Apple support, no Answer yet. I got random emails on Watch not updated.

iphone 8+ on 11.1B1 and Watch S3 on 4.1 - same issue and precisely the same circumstances (with exchange/gmail/iCloud email accounts running). No fix or workaround. Appreciate can’t offer solution but just to confirm same issue.

Hopefully a fix soon - perhaps 4.1B2?

Thanks.

I sure hope so. I do appreciate knowing it's not isolated to my devices. Sure makes life interesting when you average 50-100 emails/day, though!

Hi all - I have the very same issue. Hoping for a solution soon.

Having the same issue as well.

Hi asterox, (and everyone else seeing this issue!)

Thanks for the feedback! Can you also file a report using the Bug Reporter? We're really interested in investigating further. Please also attach a sysdiagnose taken with Mail logging - instructions for logging and profiles can be found here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?platform=watchos

The Bug Reporter general instructions are here:

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

Thanks!

-nick

Have you found a permanent fix? I’m still having this issue.

I've filed a bug via Bug Reporter for this. Glad to hear I'm not alone in the issue.

Can you update to the latest watchOS 4.2 beta and iOS 11.2 beta and let us know if you still see the issue? If so, please gather the logging I specifcied in the earlier post.

Thanks,

-nick

Same issue ...

Same issue as well..

I’ve had the same issue. I schedule a Genius Bar appointment. We set my watch up as a brand new one and not from a back up and that didn’t help either. I hope Apple can fix this as my Mail is rendered useless on my watch