Xcode 9 and autocomplete in comments

So I'm fairly new at Xcode and Swift, started learning less than three months ago. But there's something I noticed in XCode 9 that I'm pretty sure wasn't in XCode 8.

In the Playgrounds, where I'm currently working most of the time to learn the Swift syntax, whenever I write a comment, the autocomplete keeps trying to give me options for every word I type, which gives me a headache. It doesn't appear to do this in my actual app file. I made a Pig Latin translater app, it's silly, but it's just a project for me to get familiar with Swift and XCode and if I write a comment in that project, nothing happens, so I think this is just a Playground thing. I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug, but I'm of the opinion that autocomplete should ignore comments. At the very least, there should be a toggle somewhere in settings to turn it off specifically for comments. It also doesn't seem to matter if the Playground is set to automatically or manually run.

If there is a fix for this that'd be appreciated because the autocomplete box flickering while I try to write a comment is a bit headache inducing.

Replies

I'm having this annoying problem as well, specifically with autocomplete showing my snippet shortcuts with any letter typed vs appearing according to the defined completion shortcut. Autocomplete disappears after every space typed, however. There doesn't seem to be anything in Preferences > Behaviors that govern the autocompletion functionality.

I wanted to add that autocomplete displays the same behavior when typing text strings as well.

I'm experiencing this as well, and have made a bug report. Report # 39599137

To anyone who is having this problem, please add a bug report so we can get this fixed.

Thanks!!