Submit screenshots for ARKit apps?

How do I go about generating a screenshot for my-soon-to-be submitted ARKit app? I need to upload them when I submit to Apple for review. The Simulator won't create one and I don't have all the various physical devices to generate each of them.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of Random5 Down vote post of Random5
2.1k views

Replies

I have only an iPhone 7 plus. By default iTunes accepts its screenshots for all iPhone sizes. For iPad, I remove some controll buttons / icons which could be ugly / disorder then resize screenshots (by that iPhone), using Photoshop, to iPad pro 12 inch size and upload them, iTunes will auto generate all other iPad sizes.

Of couse not a perfect solution but I don't want to pay over $1000 for a new iPad pro at the moment.

All my apps have been accepted 🙂

Apple review is pretty flexible about your screenshots. Just get the dimensions right and you should be good. In your iPad one, you could even show someone holding an iPhone with the AR imagery on the screen of the person holding it. I'd say think of it less like an actual screenshot, and more like an ad for your app. So make of that what you will.

Had two identical apps reviewed today. (aside from ads and prices )

One of the Reviews mentioned the iPad screenshots not being adequate after I framed iPhone 6S screenshots onto the iPad Pro size.

It would be really nice if ARKit in the Simulator at least gave us Stock footage we can use for screenshots.

Come to think of it, this has been a problem even with Gyroscopes, the simulator needs a little perking up...

I need help!

I am going to submit my ARKit app for review on the App Store today, but I am having trouble with my screenshots. I have taken my 6.5 inch screenshots, my 5.8 inch screenshots, and all my iPad screenshots! The problem is: I don't have any 5.5 inch devices! 

Please help as I need to submit the app today!