Installing Configuration Profile on Apple TV 4K

Since the USB-C port was removed, how can I install the configuration profile on the Apple TV 4K to enable beta versions?

Replies

I figured it out, albeit a different way than I'm used to. I just connected wireless via Apple Configurator 2 and dragged-and-dropped it into the Apple TV 4K device. This should be helpful to those, like me, who are creatures of habit and tend to stick to the same method.

Cheers!

could you please give me the seps to set this up have configarator open but cant find wifi onection on there.. Thanks any one

Sure...

- Go to Settings | Remotes and Devices | Remote App and Devices on your Apple TV

- Within the Apple Configurator 2 app, go to All Devices.

If memory serves, you'll be prompted with a code that pops up on the Apple TV. When that occurs, it should connect. From there, just drag-in-drop the config file into Apple Configurator 2.

Let me know how that works. I'm going by memory, but I think I remember it.

managed to get it to show up as paired devices but wouldent show in all devices. as there are no betas at the moment w. Thanks for help.ill wait till a new one comes out and hopefully it will give full instructons. Thanks for help, busy installing high sierra at the moment. (proberley be a new beta update out for all os's this week or earley next.)

Review this video https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2017/404/ which starts the relevant conversation at 05:49 (iPhone wireless connectivity). At 06:54, it talks about connecting to the Apple TV wirelessly. after watching the short segment I needed, it was just exactly how he stated it...very easy. I'm sure we are on the same beta, so it should work for you. Give it a shot!

Hi,

We updated the tvOS beta Software Installation Guide to include Apple TV 4K support:

https://developer.apple.com/support/beta-software/install-tvos-beta/

Thanks very Much managed to get it link up..🙂 dont think till i get a 2nd unit i will risk putting betas on this unit will stick with betas running on my apple tv 4.but I realy appretaited your help on this.

Now my problem is the beta won't install. It downloads, trys installing and at the end says it was not successful. And then says "To restart your Apple TV and try again, got to Settings > System and choose Restart. I have done this twice and it still will not install.

Can you please file a bug report with a sysdiagnose attached?

I tried this and it doesn't work for me. I'm having a real problem getting the profile installed. The device shows up as an installed device but I can't make any changes. Both XCode and Configurator seem to work OK, but have no effect on the Apple TV 4K. I sure miss that USB port. Why the **** did Apple remove it?

1. In Xcode, select the Apple TV in the left column under Discovered.
    The status of the Apple TV connection request appears in the detail area. (Discovered doesn't appear)
  2. Enter the verification code displayed on the Apple TV, then click Connect. (No verification code displayed)
    Xcode pairs with the Apple TV and a network icon appears next the the Apple TV in the left column.

Now what?

Thanks, Ron...

>but wouldent show in all devices

IIRC, Xcode 9.3.1's release notes claim a bug about that and how it's been squashed now.

Hey Ron!

Go into your Apple TV settings > System > Software updates > and if "Get Beta Updates" is turned on then turn that off and restart the Apple TV.

Then repeat the regular steps to get the AppleTV paired with Xcode.

I tried to rollback firmware on TVOS (15->14). First connected with xcode then with configurater2. Rollback does not work because I got error tvos can not set back connect with usb. Usb is not possible on latest apple tv. So now how to proceed? I think it is not possible to rollback on apple tv 4k 2021.

I had this problem too! I was trying to install a profile on my Apple TV, you probably figured it out by now, but for other people stumbling across this thread...

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Go to General → Privacy.
  3. Hover over Share Apple TV Analytics without pressing.
  4. Press Play on the remote.
  5. Select Add Profile.
  6. Enter the link to download the profile.
  7. Install the profile following the onscreen instructions.