High Sierra Kext Consent Allow button fails

The first GM:

Problem 34501794

Sometimes (but not usually on my dev machine) the allow button generates no change in the System prefs.
The button stays available. The prompt text stays visible.
The kext stays unloadable.

In the System Logs the following messages appear:

Sep 15 13:39:19 MacHFS117 com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice[828]: objc[828]: Class AWDSecurityPrefAutoUnlockSetup is implemented in both /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/XPCServices/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice.xpc/Contents/MacOS/com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice (0x1001b68e0) and /System/Library/PreferencePanes/Security.prefPane/Contents/MacOS/Security (0x101db2900). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.

Sep 15 13:40:26 MacHFS117 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.preference.security.remoteservice[828]): Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9 sent by com.apple.preference.security.re[828]

Rebooting doesn't clear up the problem.

Replies

It appears to be the case that screen sharing interferes with the Allow button.

It's not an interference.

It's "designed" like this. The Allow button can not be clicked for "security" reason via Screen Sharing.

But, at the same time, any user can click it. Even from the Guest Account.

This problem still occurs on a 2012 Mac Mini running 10.13.1 beta while using a directly-attached keyboard, mouse, and display.

This problem still occurs on a 2012 Mac Mini running 10.13.1 beta while using a directly-attached keyboard, mouse, and display.

Well, if you’re not in the screen sharing case then clearly this is a bug. I’d appreciate you filing a bug report about it. Please post your bug number, just for the record.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Hello, I am facing the same issue on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) no monitor attached or screen sharing? Any resolution available? Is there a bug tracking this problem?

Thanks,

Is there a bug tracking this problem?

It’s probably best for you to file your own bug about this.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

I'm facing the same issue. Submitted bug 39111386.