Unauthorized caller

I'm getting this message constantly. It probably is some unsupported software that was installed with a previous version of macOS, but I've not been able to find what is causing this. Looks like 'securityd' from the little information the logs provide.

Also, Safari is not working at all. I've removed all extensions (I think). Anybody experienced this?

(The image upload is not visible?) It is a modal dialog that states: Unapproved caller. SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple Software.

If you use multiple desktops, you can drag this monster to another desktop and do stuff with other dialogs. E.g. remove software from you HD that requires a psssword. This leads me to believe that this is some modal dialog generated by a piece of software that has a UI, like the Finder????

Replies

I'm still in the progress of uninstalling software. What did not solve it was easy suspects like 'Tunnelbrick (VPN software?)", LaCie drive managers. I've now begun with old Adobe software.

This is in my logs: Unapproved caller /usr/sbin/securityd, SecurityAgent may only be invoked by Apple software. Isn't all software in /usr/sbin system software and therefor Apple's? My log is flooded with messages anyway. I would not release this GM version, first let product owners make sure all debug logging is removed...

Sorry for replying to myself, but I think this message is defenitely networking related. If I turn off iCloud, things get manageble, i.e. the number of alerts gets less, up to the point that Mail and Safari are usable again (after OK-ing a large number of alerts). Also, mail will fetch new email.

The release 17A362a is not GM-worthy in my humble opinion.

Seems to be gone in the 10.13.1 beta build. Good news!