Build app: 31 images for Icon an Launch!!

If you build an app for iPhone and iPad in XCode you have to drag and drop a staggering number of 31 images in the images.xcassets view!! If you're unlucky and you have to develop for an iWatch too the number is 51!! What is this for kind of madness? Ok I understand you want all the graphics look good on each device, and this needs all sorts of sizes and images, but why can't a 750 billion company that prides itself on usability and love that people feel for it's devices not show a little love for it's developers? How difficult it is to make an algorithm that let us deliver 3 images? One for the appIcon 1024x1024 and two for the LaunchScreen 2208x1536 and 1536x2208 and with a little resizing and cropping of some script, every image will be in the right spot in the xcassets. If you're not satified you can replace them yourself afterwards. (Ok if you don't want to crop 2 images extra for the wide screens.) Why do I have to go on the internet and find some outdated Photoshop automation script, adapt it for the new image.xcassets view, when I have to pay $99 every year for a subscription. It's a disgrace! Sorry to say so.

Replies

You should post this as a bug report asking for enhancement. I agree that it has now grown close top unusability level !

Will do so

Icon Set Creator in the mac app store is free and all you have to do is give it the 1024 icon. It even makes the Contents.json file.