com.apple.wifi.manager-access entitlement

Hello, I want to get a Wi-Fi network list in my application and found out there is a way to use private API framework - MobileWiFi, while it requires special entitlement com.apple.wifi.manager-access. I've tried to add it manually to the entitlements file and I've got an error:

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements. The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file are invalid, not permitted, or do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016).

Is there is a way to do this on Apple side or it's not permitted in any circumstances?

Accepted Reply

I want to get a Wi-Fi network list in my application …

There is no supported way to do this. QA1942 iOS Wi-Fi Management APIs is quite clear about this.

Also:

• DevForums is not the right place to be discussing Apple private APIs.

• There’s no way for a third-party developer to use Apple-private entitlements.

By way of background, entitlements fall into four categories:

• Open entitlements, which you can use without them being whitelisted in a provisioning profile. The macOS App Sandbox entitlements are the only example of this that I’m aware of.

• Developer entitlements, which you can add to your App ID (and hence your provisioning profile) via the developer web site (or, equivalently, via Xcode’s Capabilities UI).

• Special entitlements, which Apple can grant to you via some special process. The most well-known example of this is the Network Extension entitlements.

Note Historically these were all special entitlements. Since Nov 2016 most of these are now developer entitlements. There are, however, some entitlements that remain special. The post referenced above has the details.

• Apple-private entitlements, which can’t be granted to third-party developers.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

I want to get a Wi-Fi network list in my application …

There is no supported way to do this. QA1942 iOS Wi-Fi Management APIs is quite clear about this.

Also:

• DevForums is not the right place to be discussing Apple private APIs.

• There’s no way for a third-party developer to use Apple-private entitlements.

By way of background, entitlements fall into four categories:

• Open entitlements, which you can use without them being whitelisted in a provisioning profile. The macOS App Sandbox entitlements are the only example of this that I’m aware of.

• Developer entitlements, which you can add to your App ID (and hence your provisioning profile) via the developer web site (or, equivalently, via Xcode’s Capabilities UI).

• Special entitlements, which Apple can grant to you via some special process. The most well-known example of this is the Network Extension entitlements.

Note Historically these were all special entitlements. Since Nov 2016 most of these are now developer entitlements. There are, however, some entitlements that remain special. The post referenced above has the details.

• Apple-private entitlements, which can’t be granted to third-party developers.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"