Previously used Bundle ID unavailable

I had sucessfully added an App ID and Provisioning Profile under my Developer account. Because I wanted Xcode to manage everything, I deleted all certificates, identifiers and profiles from the account, and started fresh using Xcode. However, now I am not being able to use the same Bundle ID I had used before. To clarify, I am able to build and run the app locally, however, am unable to add entitlements or validate it when archiving. I spoke to a technical support staff and she has informed me that the App ID is still somehow associated with the account despite being deleted from the developer portal. What I don't understand is how I am unable to use an App ID that I technically still own, and have not associated with any other apps, be it locally or on iTunes Connect.

Replies

Hi,

I up this topic because I have same problem.

I have created a bundle ID with a dev team, but this was the wrong team. So I have deleted App ID from "Identifiers" in "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" in apple dev portal for this team.

I have then switched of team, and when I wanted to create the App ID with same bundle ID that I have previously deleted, the error "An App ID with Identifier 'com.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxx' is not available. Please enter a different string." appeared.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

bundleIDs are the primary link to a specific app in a specific developer account. They can be transferred as part of a app transfer, but they can't simply be re-used by a different account.

Deleting one doesn't free it up.

In your example, you'll need to make a new one.