"All Ratings and Reviews" have disappeared

The "All ratings and reviews" have disappeared from the app store when viewing it on the appstore 10 or appstore 11. Instead, we only see our ratings for the current version which is a fraction of what we have built up over the years. We also never chose to reset our total # of ratings. It was my understanding that the total number of ratings will be the starting number in appstore 11. Was that the wrong assumption? Apps like Facebook with 30-40K ratings are down to couple hundred. I guess this is a global issue. Any thoughts?

Replies

+1

Some news from Apple about that...

Now it’s quicker and easier for users to see your app's rating, with just one summary rating that displays on your product page. This summary rating is based on ratings of your app's current version as of September 19 (Pacific Time), and is specific to each territory on the App Store. New ratings will continue to count towards this summary, and you can choose to reset your summary rating when you release a new version of your app. Customer reviews for all versions of your app will continue to display on your product page.

Learn about Ratings, Reviews, and Responses.

+1

Appear to have lost a couple years worth of good ratings for a niche app I've worked hard to support. For an indie like myself, this is a big deal! 😮 Very discouraging.

I am in the same boat as you! I am an indie dev too, I even lost all my "current version" stars on apps that had stars before the 19th release. I have also noticed that old outdated written reviews are now displaying on apps! I have some one stars for for problems that were fixed ages ago now showing up to haunt one of my apps.

Has Apple announced why some apps have kept their ratings before September 19th and others haven't? What caused some to lose them and others not to?

+1

+1

For days I thought it was a bug in iTunes Connect, now I see the horrible consequences. I really don't understand why Apple did this.