Reply from message not working?

Hi, I updated to iOS 11 now and reply from message cannot be deactivated. I went in Settings and touch ID, but to No success. If I swipe to the left I Still get the “view” Button and everyone can read the conversation. Although a message cannot be sent without touch ID or password I’m Still annoyed by that option being there. It was not Like this when I had 10.3.3. Is this a bug or am I missing something from iOS 11?

Replies

What do you mean exactly by "reply from message cannot be deactivated". For which app ? (Message ? Mail)

Do you mean Reading confirmation ? Or something else ?

I mean all apps: Facebook messenger, Messages, etc. Before the update I was not able to reply from the lock screen to Any kind of message, but now I am. I made sure to disable this option from settings but it seems it’s Still there.

Did you try to set settings of Notifications, for each App ? You should be able to disable "display on lock screen", hence making it impossible to reply from there.

You were able to reply, only after unlocking screen, isn't it ?

In IOS11, you can disable Preview of notifications :

h ttp://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/09/how-to-use-new-lock-screen-notification-center-iphone-ipad-ios-11.html

Yes, I was able to quick reply only after I unlocked the screen. I suppose it’s not that big of a deal sincer No one can answer without my passcode or touch ID, but it’s Still curious for me. I don’t Want the notifications disabled from lock screen... The only diference I See is the fact that “view” option is there when I swipe left. It’s not that huge of a problem, but I Want to know if it’s a bug or I’m missing something.

Looks like they have some how redesigned notification screen and lock screen when merging together. The idea seems to give more possibilities to do things directly from there.

So, I think it's a feature (good or not is a matter of personal preference).

I only have to get used to it now. It’s not bad, just confused me a Little.