Reset App Ratings

There was an interview about the possibility to reset all reviews with some update in iOS11.

Anybody found this yet?

Our App is quite old and even though we got many good ratings recently, the average is still only in the 3.5 ish area overall.

Does anyone know, where this reset is possible and whether this is related to todays iOS11 release?

We got our App reviewed waiting for developer release - and i like to combine the reset with the release.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of serdizzy Down vote post of serdizzy
10k views

Replies

There's a new "Reset summary rating" setting with "Keep ratings" and "Reset ratings" options.

Keep in mind that the new setting (found on very bottom of new version page) only controls whether or not "ratings" are reset, not reviews.

Yes, this is all very unclear. Apple originally shared that ratings and reviews will be cumulative, across versions of the app. Instead it's an arbitary reset.

I did the same setup and released App to AppStore, all my old App Reviews and Ratings are still visible in AppStore.

It didn't work for one of my apps as well. Looks like we do not have a solution yet.

Does anybody know if there is any limitation on the number of times I reset the App Rating?