Core-Data Auto-generated Methods causing App-Store Submission Failure

After uploading my app to the App Store, I received an automatic email reply detailing an issue regarding private API use.

The line was: "The app references non-public selectors in Scrapbooks: insertObject:inMomentsAtIndex:, removeMomentsObject:”. There is a similarly an error for the counterpart removeObject: function.

For context, this is the insertObject:atIndex: and removeObject: functions that were autogenerated with my Core Data class, Scrapbook, which has a one to many relationship with my other Core Data class, Moment. I'm also using entirely Swift 3 and deploying for ios10 and up. (Docs) [https://developer.apple.com/documentation/foundation/nsmutablearray/1416682-insertobject]

According to the documentation I can find, these functions are public and autogenerated to be provided for use and not private API. I get the same error after regenerating my core data subclass files. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Accepted Reply

This sort of problem seems to happen occasionally during iOS version changes. (The selectors that get flagged are different, but it's the same sort of false positives...) Presumably it takes a few tries to get the back end tools updated properly.

You basically have to wait for Apple to sort out the problem.

Replies

This sort of problem seems to happen occasionally during iOS version changes. (The selectors that get flagged are different, but it's the same sort of false positives...) Presumably it takes a few tries to get the back end tools updated properly.

You basically have to wait for Apple to sort out the problem.

Hey NotMyName,

Okay, thank you for the response. I'll wait it out and see then. 🙂