Does anyone know how to add internal testers in TestFlight in a fail safe way?

I will start by saying I hate TestFlight. I hate the interface and how it is currently organized. I could go on but I dont want to waste peoples time here.

I just need to add internal testers. And I thought I had the process down.

I go to TestFlight section in iTunes Connect, and I add a user under "Users and Roles" link (kinda hidden imo), assigning them role of Marketer. At the end of this add user flow, an invitation gets sent out to them via iTunes Connect, asking them to accept invitation and create iTunes Connect account.

When they accept the invitation, and I click on the plus button next to the list of users under iTunes Connect Users, I then see a checkbox appear next to their name and after i click on this, and click "Add", they are officially added as a tester.

They should then get an email inviting them to download the app in Testflight app.

Sadly, this is hit and miss, It is working for some, and not for others. For some, the users are not getting this second email invitation and they are told they do not have any invitations from developers.

What could be going wrong here?

Anyone who knows - please save my day here because i continue to lose hours to this 😟

Replies

Are there any apple engineers on this part of the forum?

Same issue here, for a few years already. The only solution here is to remove that user, and add them back again (restart from beginning).

• This was what worked for me. An Admin user wasn't available to select for an internal group. Had to remove him from AppStore Connect and re-invite. Worked immediately after he re-joined.

Add a Comment
It seems that contrary to the documentation at https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/devdbefef011 the email must be connected to an Apple Id...

"It can be any email address, not necessarily one that's associated with an Apple ID" <<<<< This is a lie