Wifi configuration profile is not working in iOS 11!

While connecting a WPA2 Enterprise Wifi with preconfigured username and password via confiuration profile in iOS 11, it always asks for identity certificate. Even if password is not preconfigured, it still asks for identity cert. We are unable to enter a username + password on the device at all. In previous iOS versions it prompts for password. This looks like a very critical issue! Occurs in GM seed too. Has anyone faced it?

<key>PayloadDisplayName</key>
<string>Wifi Profile Configuration</string>
<key>SSID_STR</key>
<string>MyEnterpriseWifi</string>
<key>AutoJoin</key>
<true/>
<key>HIDDEN_NETWORK</key>
<false/>
<key>EAPClientConfiguration</key>
<dict>
<key>AcceptEAPTypes</key>
<array>
<integer>25</integer>
</array>
<key>EAPFASTUsePAC</key>
<false/>
<key>EAPFASTProvisionPAC</key>
<false/>
<key>EAPFASTProvisionPACAnonymously</key>
<false/>
<key>OuterIdentity</key>
<string></string>
<key>UserName</key>
<string>username-empid</string>
<key>UserPassword</key>
<string>********</string>
</dict>
<key>EncryptionType</key>
<string>WPA</string>
<key>ProxyType</key>
<string>None</string>

Replies

This is also impacting our large enterprise organization with MDM. We get prompted to select a cert and then never get opportunity to enter password and then it fails to connect. It will never connects to our password protected internal wifi.

Hi,

We have been tracking multiple issues with iOS 11 since BETA and are yet to see them resolved.

https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/260875

Hoping to see this resolved.

S.

Hello!

We have the same issues now with iOS 11 and preconfigured WIFI MDM Policy in our MDM environment (~6000 devices) . For us at the moment the only one workaround is (special case when user has to change his password) to: Choose A Network... // Other... and setup the same WIFI in a few manual steps. Here it is possible to enter username/pw and everything is working fine again. The issue exists also on iOS 11.0.1

Br

Roman

Issue affecting us as well. I have found that bundling the radius certificate works for about 75% of the devices tested, but not all and I would not consider it a workaround, probably just some tangential thing.

We have the exact same issue using profiles pushed out by Cisco ISE. I and have raised it with apple support ticket number (20000002095460) however we are at the stage they want us to go down the cross platform support route and want to charge.

the 2 work around that we have is remove the Wi-Fi profile or for some reson if we check for update on the ipads a box shows up to enter username and password not sure if this will be the same with you.

However today I updated to iOS 11.1 bata 3 which seems to have made some progress when a user changes there password the ipad will prompt for username and password in a similer window as the username and identitiy box.

Contacted Apple support to uodate them on the finding and to see when the general release of iOS 11.1 will be.