AppleTV 4K still no 24p output?!?!?

Someone posted the following response from Apple support:

Just received a reply from Craig Michaels from Apple (I sent an email to Eddy Cue) regarding 24p output on the new Apple TV 4K:

Stijn,
Thank you taking the time to reach out about Apple TV. At this time, Apple TV 4K doesn’t support this output mode.
We appreciate your interest in Apple TV 4K and will take your feedback into consideration as we plan for future enhancements.
Best,
Craig

Hopefully this infomation is wrong because a lot of TV's can't do a reverse pulldown on a 60p signal!

Most noticable example: all high-end 2016/2017 Sony TV's with an X1-extreme processor.

Replies

Just ordered a AppleTV 4K but have a Sony KD-55XD8599 do I need to panic ?

As seen on this list most 2017 Sony TV's judder when playing 24p content using a 2:3 pulldown.

Hopefully Apple support got it wrong and the AppleTV 5 does support 24p.

This is an embarrassment on Apple’s part. They touted the Apple TV 4K as delivering “cinematic quality” but clearly that was a lie, because having smooth, judder-free playback of a movie in its native 24fps is a rather important requisite to offering that. It’s clear based on the conversation of this topic from the last generation Apple TV that there’s an ignorance on Apple’s part on the importance of 24Hz video output, something I’m confident, as an electrical engineer, that their video chipset supports. Please read the previous thread and my comments on the significance of offering 24Hz video output. https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/16971 Despite owning 2 or 3 of virtually every Apple product, I will remain using my Nvidia Shield TV until Apple wakes up and starts taking movie playback quality.

Users can feedback via http://www.apple.com/feedback/ - Individuals using betas are free to use the Feedback Assistant; devs can use the 'Report Bugs' link, below right.

Movie playback quality seriously* And I did just submit feedback, though I’d like an actual Apple engineer or executive that claims to be a movie aficionado address this issue directly.