GM Candidate will not download

I have tried nummerous time to install the macOS High Sierra 10.13 GM candidate on my Late 2014 Mini, and my new iMac, both are running the Developer Beta Version 9. I follow the instructions, "Run the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility to download the latest macOS 10.13 beta. macOS 10.13 GM candidate must be downloaded manually by using the macOS Developer Beta Access Utility and downloading the update from the Mac App Store."

And it goes through the various steps, but it never downloads the GM Candidate, it always reboots in 11 seconds, and that's it.

I con't figure out what's wrong, for I get no error messages.

Thanks,

Tony

Replies

This is exactly my experience with the 10.13 GM so far!

Multiple attempts, no joy!

Thanks, Dan

Same problem here, but I may have found the solution:

This mac has multiple volumes (10.9, 10.12, and 10.13 for testing). Turns out I had the old copy of the installer (Install macOS High Sierra Beta) on a different volume (I thnk this might have been the Beta 1 installer?). The App Store was apparently finding this, assuming it had already downloaded the installer, and just launching the old one.

Solution:

1. Delete all copies of Install macOS High Sierra Beta on all drives (I don't have Time Machine on this mac, but you might want to disconnect the TM drive if you have it attached just to be safe).
  2. Empty the trash
  3. run the Install macOS Developer Beta Access Utility again
  4. Download
  5. Install macOS High Sierra Beta will open - check the version #: I'm seeing Version 13.0.57 (1357)

I'm installing now, I'll report back if it works.

[Edit: it worked!] I now have 17A362a installed.

Trashing the original Install macOS High Sierra Beta on my Sierra partition worked for me.

Worked perfectly after following these instructions