Code Folding Ribbon in Xcode 9 GM

Where is the code folding ribbon gone in Xcode 9 GM ?

Replies

I don't know, I'm nervous about it's fate. I love that ribbon...so much more intuitive and faster to use then the implementation of hovering while holding CMD.

This is seriously ridiculous. I cannot believe they took such an important feature away. The developer team should take some hints from Visual Studio! Not to be mean but Visual Studio looks like a Tesla when compared to XCode.

ALL DEVELOPERS READING THIS GO INTO BUGREPORT (bugreport.apple.com) AND SUBMIT A SUGGESTION SO WE CAN GET IT BACK.

Things are definately not lookign good for us Developers. filed a bug report about the missing ribbon.

Everything is taking about 10 times as long now. I can't believe someone thought this was a good idea. I seriously feel ill to my stomach right now.

Suuuper stupid to get rid of the code folding ribbons. Did they actually ask developers if they wanted the ribbon to be removed or did they just decide it was a good idea to remove it? Please bring the ribbon back.

I have to agree with the general sentiments. No more code folding at the statement level? But why? This is seriously RIDICULOUS!! What was gained by removing this feature? Does no one on the Xcode product team code? The team actually thought it was a good idea to take away the ability to collapse portions of code not being edited? I cannot believe it!! I'm sorry if I'm being redundant (I'm venting) but it is simply INCREDULOUS that Xcode 9.x was allowed out the door. Yuck yuck yuck! It even takes extra stupid button clicks to do simple repeat text searches within an edit window (the first click just shades the arrow button of the direction you want to search,then you have to press it again to make the button function). What's going on here? How goofy?! Did the QA team take a vacation??? Please come back and do your job. Don't let your peers release a product release like this! Please!!

Press command when over a function or whatever you want to fold. Hold command and right click and it will highlight. A popover will appear and select FOLD if you want to fold.

Happy folding!

This works ONLY for swift code at the moment. With Objective-C or C++ code this works only for method bodies.