macOS Sierra Golden Master release

Replies

Probably next week or on the 25th ...

General release is on the 25th. The GM should be out sometime before then, so that developers can certify their apps for HS. They can't do that based on performance with the betas, which are subject to change.

macOS High Sierra 10.13 GM candidate just released

I cant get my mac to get the update. Any help?

Hey Stan, can you advise me where I can get the GM release? It is not showing up in the App store for me. All the other beta's showed up there but the GM hs not. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

There is a lag by geographic location as they roll it out. This has happened every time.

You have to rerun the beta installer and re dowload full instaler its a manual update not an auto update. Also this is not GM BUT a GM candidate could be more updates yet

Thank you Chris The Bi-polar bear!. Clearly I didn't read the instructions. Cheers 🙂

It still says Beta in About This Mac. That's odd for a GM.

I installed the GM and all went OK. But then softwareupdate asked me to re-install beta 9. I haven't done this coz it seemed kind of odd.

Is this expected?

It didn't do that for me. No Updates Available.

You should download & install macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.dmg from developer portal.

After you wll be able to download Golden Master Candidate from Mac App Store as full OS installing package.

Golden Master Candidate isn't available as an update for Beta 9 in Mac App Store.

If you are having trouble installing, see here: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/87137#260171

Thanks, worked right that time and was able to download the GM Candidate