Moving app to a group in Itunes Connect (GameCenter) and keep player scores

Hi guys,

We have an existing iOS App (live in the store) with Game Center Leaderboard and Achievements that I now want to move to a Game Center Group to be able to share Leaderboard and Achievements with a new iOS App that we are going to submit to Apple very soon.

I am a bit worried about the following things:

1. Do I need to modify the iOS leaderboard / achievement id's within my current iOS App to include the grp* prefix?

2. Do I need to update this due to submitting an update?

3. Will player scores / achievements be retained in my existing iOS App (very very important).

Thanks for your support everyone.

Cheers

Julian

Replies

Hello again.

I have read the official apple guide several times but I cannot find an answer about the "player stats and progress". https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/LanguagesUtilities/Conceptual/iTunesConnectGameCenter_Guide/Groups/Groups.html

Quote:

"When you add an app with existing Game Center assets to a group, you decide which of the app’s leaderboards and achievements are retained as part of the group."

Sure I can decide which leaderboards and achievements, but do we keep the player progress or is it all lost and resettet?

Thanks guys

Hi Julian, what ended up happening with this? I'm wondering the same thing regarding moving an app's achievements to a group. Thanks!

hmm I have the same questions :S