UiWebView not rendering after scroll

On iOS 11 (latest beta) I'm seeing a case where, when you scroll in a UiWebView, the content that was previously offscreen doesn't render AT ALL (or renders only after a few seconds). Here's a screen recording of this occurring to give a feel for the issue: https://youtu.be/qZXHgDbvBQI

This seems to happen if you keep your finger on the screen while scrolling (i.e. never let a touchend happen) or if you do a slow speed momentum scroll (flick the screen lightly). In the video, the times when the content is finally rendered is when the touchend happens - but as you can see, as long as I keep the finger on the screen, the content won't render (you just get a blank section on the screen).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

It's consistently reproducable with a simple test case (that's what's showing in the video).

Thanks.

Replies

Exactly the same issue here. has anybody found any CSS trick to meke it render properly on scroll?

Same issue. Anybody can resolve it?

The issue is not always reproducable. I do know users who do always see this issue on certain sites, while I can not see this issue on exactly the same sites at all on my devices. But I can see this issue on other sites.

Please send a bug report to Apple. If more users do this, they may take it more seriously.

>On iOS 11 (latest beta)

In that case, don't waste time struggling w/UIWebView, which was deprecated w/iOS 8 in favor of WKWebView.

Hi guys, we had the same rendering issue in UIWebView on iOS 11. We have figured out that specific css style causes this rendering issue. In our case it was

"-webkit-transform: translateZ(0)".

Removing this css style fixes rendering issue without any regressions.