When I try to run my device on my phone, I recieve: "Your maximum App ID limit has been reached. You may create up to 10 App IDs every 7 days." I have not run an app on my phone yet.

When I try to run my device on my phone, I recieve: "Your maximum App ID limit has been reached. You may create up to 10 App IDs every 7 days." I have not run an app on my phone yet.

Replies

My understanding is that this limit applies to:

1. free developer accounts
  2. apps to be run on an actual device only

I'm having the same problem, and I do have a paid developer account, and as the OP, I'm not running my recent apps on an actual device. They're small test apps, and I've only been running them in simulators.

Xcode automatically creates an app id for every app that's generated, whether it's going on a device or not. So, I guess the big question is: can Xcode be forced to use a temporary id unless the app is being run on an actual device? Or, perhaps that's not where the limitation really is coming from, since I've only used simulators and am getting the message.

Many people are responding to this limitation by creating multiple Apple IDs to rotate through. That seems like a bad response, but...

Same here but I still have a free dev account.

Any update?