App Built w/ Xcode 9 + High Sierra w/ APFS Missing Icons

I'm running High Sierra DP9 on my Mac with Xcode 9b6. I've been creating builds of my iOS 11 app without trouble and submitting to TestFlight for internal testing.

This machine was using HFS+ up until yesterday. Since converting the boot volume to APFS, the archive still succeeds but is missing several of the critical app icons which means TestFlight rejects the app on upload.

Looking at the build log, actool (the thing that takes icons from an asset catalog and puts them in the right place) is for some reason ignoring most (but not all) of my icons.

I filed a bug with a ton of documentation (34227266) but before I roll back to HFS+, thought I'd put this out here in case anyone else has seen this problem. Also interseted to hear from people on APFS and building without any trouble.

Replies

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you manage to somehow fix the issue?

same problem here.

The command line below is a walkaround for the problem.

find Products/ -name Info.plist -print0 | xargs -0n1 plutil -replace BuildMachineOSBuild -string 16A323

Also I've tried upload my app on a HFS+ High sierra machine without any problem.

So I am thinking maybe this is a APFS bug.

I also have this problem! Did you find a fix?

Yeah. Use Sierra.

I've got a Sierra VM I'm using to build and submit to the App Store until they figure this out.

Got same problem too, I submitted a bug report day or so ago.. still nothing... come on Apple.