animations not working in swift

I am just getting started with Swift and Xcode 8...I'm REALLY just getting started. I got the ebook "Intro to App Development with Swift", in which it has me download Xcode 8 along with several exercises that are covered in the book. As I open the first playground, I noticed that the "animated dots" were not animated. The first time through, I didn't think much about it, but then I got the animation playground and nothing was working there. I tried reinstalling the whole mess, but the animation is still not working. What am I missing?

Oh yeah...I'm on a Macbook Pro running Sierra 10.12.6

Replies

I know this thread is super old, but I am having the exact same issue with the "animating dots" not being animated, without any success in resolving. Any tips will be greatly appreciated!

I am in a similar position. I have downloaded the AP Computer Science Principles with Swift book, to possibly utilize the curriculum in order to teach that class. I am relatively new to Swift, but interested in learning more about it. When I open the PlaygroundBasics.playground file, I see the introduction page and I also see a blue dot. However, I do not see any animation to it (seemingly supposed to go through different colors/position for the animation).

I am upgraded to Xcode 10.2.1 using Mojave.