App Development with Swift lesson 1.7

Hello Everyone.

I started to leard iOS development with "App Development with Swift" book and it's so awesome. However, I have a question.

I noticed that to be able to run the lab from 1.7 lesson, you need to have Xcode 8.0 because of the compatibility error. On the step 3 there'sa task:

“Step 3: Use Quick Help to Quickly View Documentation

- Open the Xcode project, called "UsingDocumentation," which you'll find in the resources folder.

- Navigate to the file ViewController.swift. On line 17, you'll see a method named createDefaultTestClass(). Use Quick Help to find out what this method does.”

I did not see any info about that method in Quick Help.

Please tell me if this is normal and the reason of this step is just to find out what's the purpose of this method by its name.

Thanks!

Replies

Same problem and got this error message ... "Module compiled with Swift 3.0.2 cannot be imported in Swift 3.1". There is no documentation for the method ...

createDefaultTestClass()

Hey, EugShk.

Had the same problem. Apparantly Apple has created createDefaultTestClass() method specificly for this exact exercise. But this method was put into a module that was compiled with previous version of Swift (that is why it can not be imported in Swift 3.1 or above). So there is no way of completing this exercise until Apple updates this module.

Hi Vsevolod!

Thanks. I've reviewed this issue earlier and the only way to go through this exercise correctly - is to install the older version of Xcode which is compatible with swift 3.1

So I've made this and everything launched successfully, but the issue with method without any info in QuickHelp remained. I suppose this was designed so. (So the sense of the exercise was to go to the documentation and make sure that this method is absent)

Hi EugShk,

I just downloaded the developing resources from this link:

https://developer.apple.com/go/?id=app-dev-swift-student

and when I finished the downloading, I just found the UsingDocument project under the following directory:

/place to hold your resources/1-Getting Started/8-Documentation/lab/UsingDocumentation/UsingDocumentation.xcodeproj

Wish this can help you all,

KEIMHAQI