Is there a sample app showing how to create a PUSH notification Long Look using Notification Content Extensions?

I've watched the 2017 WWDC session on Rich PUSH and saw examples of the Long Look custom UI for iOS11.

I cannot find any documentation on how to do this, or a sample app. I assume it is done via Notification Content Extension, but there has to be more to it.

What about guidelines or rules about what you can and cannot do in the content extension?

The iOS10 docs say a content extension cannot have any user interaction - but the WWDC video shows an iOS11 example of a Long Look which has a definite PLAY button for an audio player. Does iOS11 rich notifications now include uiser interaction, and if so, are there limitations? These are just some of the questions I have which could probably be answered easily if I could find the documentation, or even better, a sample app showing an implementaiton of the Rich PUSH long look. Thanks.

Replies

The only user interaction is by adding a play button on the notification by changing the value of

mediaPlayPauseButtonType
. Otherwise there are no user interactions directly with the notification preview. You have to use the notification categories for interaction with the notification.

Turns out what I am actually looking for is documentation for the custom input area recently added as part of iOS11. The idea is that the area where the quick action buttons go can be customized. But how?