App disappeared from search results

I've had an app on the app store for over a year and a couple months ago I updated it with a new version. More features, more modes, woo hoo! Soon after it was approved and on the app store I was able to search for it and all was good.

recently the app has disappeared from search. If I type the FULL name of the app in the app store I get nothing for it. before it was the first hit. My sales have droped to zero so I know its not being search.

I heard apple was removing older version from search but I just updated my app with latest build...etc

I can't even find a way to identify why the app may not qualify for search.

Please advise.

Replies

I have the same experience. I was selling 20+ apps per month. But I updated it a couple of months ago. Now if I type the EXACT, FULL name of the app, it shows up around 40th in the list. It used to show up 1, 2 or 3 in the list. The app is effectively dead now. Have sold about 2 in two months. Any of the searches that used to list it in the top 10 or so, now only get around 40th :( Does anyone know why this has happened? Have Apple changed things? I know there is now some sort of paid advertising in the App Store, but surely all the apps above mine haven't paid/bribed Apple to get better search hits have they?

Any chance that your app name is longer than 30 chars? What might happened to the app is that words after 30th char in the name are not indexed anymore in the search results. This could have taken 3-4 words away and made quite a difference.