[Solved] In-App Purchases not working

Hello,

I set up the In-App-Purchases in iTunes Connect, and they're all set to "Ready to Submit". The IAPs are all checked for sale.

When I compiled my project for Xcode, I enabled In-App-Purchases in the Capabilities tab, created an archive and uploaded it to Testflight.

When I run the app, regardless of whether I test via Testflight or use a Sandbox account, the IAP doesn't work.

When I run the app from Xcode directly (signed out of the Appstore account), and try to purchase the product, I am asked to sign in with an existing or new Apple-ID, and when I use the sandbox tester data I get an error (Transaction failed: Cannot connect to iTunes store, error code 0). I tried with various newly created tester accounts, so it's very unlikely it was because they were invalid.

When I launch the app from Testflight using the testing account I cannot verify which error I get as it's not logged in the console in Xcode, but it doesn't work, so I'd assume it's the same error code.

The error is likely not in my code, as I use a game engine that comes with IAP functionality that's shared between Android and iOS, and it works flawlessly on Android.

Please help, the app is supposed to go live soon and I still need to verify IAPs work in the sandbox.

Best Regards,

Lukas K.

Accepted Reply

I managed to solve my issue.

It was rather simple, but for anyone curious: I didn't have the necessary contract to sell apps that you can set up in iTunes Connect. That one is also needed to get in-app purchases to work, even if you're just testing.

Replies

I managed to solve my issue.

It was rather simple, but for anyone curious: I didn't have the necessary contract to sell apps that you can set up in iTunes Connect. That one is also needed to get in-app purchases to work, even if you're just testing.