Guidelines question re: third party extensibility

Hello!

Before investing in development of a new feature for our existing app, I would like to know if anyone out there has done anything similar and if it is against Apple iOS dev guidelines and result in app update rejection:

Our website has a section that allows for third party developers to extend its functionality using a framework we built. When an app is submitted to us, it is reviewed, and if it meets our standard, we approve and the app will show up in an iFrame on users' homepage (if they want it).

I'd like to add a new section to our existing iOS app so that we can display these third party apps (maybe in a web browser control). I understand that Apple isn't too crazy about displaying outside webpages within an app, and I'm not entirely clear on it after reviewing the guidelines, but this would only be a section of the app, the rest of the app is completely native.

A simple example of a third party app might be an iFrame that displays the weather for the current user.

I appreciate any help I can get on this. Thanks!

Replies

As far as I know, according to Guideline 3.2.2 i, your product is likely to be rejected.

We are also trying to help other developers to do Test Flight tests with their own products, but apple rejected us.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#unacceptable