Xcode 9 iPad simulator multitasking gesture not working

I just downloaded Xcode 9.0 beta 5 (9M202q). I can't get the multitasking/split screen gesture to work in the iPad simulator (I tried different devices: iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air 2).

I launched the Simulator via Xcode -> Open Developer Tool -> Simulator, then launched Safri. I tried dragging in from the right side to the left, but nothing. I tried the same with running a test app.

The same procedure works in the simulator for Xcode 8.3.3. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Accepted Reply

I finally figured this out. On iOS 11 there is no slide-in-from-the-right (at least, not initially). Slide up from the bottom to get the Dock; tap-and-hold on, say, Safari (because it does multitasking; so do Contacts and Files, but _not_ Settings for some reason); when it grows a little, drag it up and to the far right and wait for the existing app to get partially out of the way; now let go.

Replies

I finally figured this out. On iOS 11 there is no slide-in-from-the-right (at least, not initially). Slide up from the bottom to get the Dock; tap-and-hold on, say, Safari (because it does multitasking; so do Contacts and Files, but _not_ Settings for some reason); when it grows a little, drag it up and to the far right and wait for the existing app to get partially out of the way; now let go.