ReplayKit 2 Broadcast app can not be installed on iOS 10

I have an app with Broadcast Upload and Setup UI extensions since iOS 10. To support the Screen Broadcast feature in iOS 11, I changed the NSExtensionPointIdentifier in the Info.plist of the extensions from "com.apple.broadcast-services" to "com.apple.broadcast-services-upload" and "com.apple.broadcast-services-setupui" respectively so my app can appear in the Screen Broadcast menu as a destination to broadcast to. All these seem fine until I try to test it on iOS 10 for backward compatibility. Xcode 9 beta shows an error message indicating that my extension point identifier is not supported by iOS 10. Does this mean that my app can not support older versions of iOS if I want to support the Screen Broadcast feature in iOS 11?

Replies

hello, have you finished this problem?

I believe the solution is to include both an iOS-10 extension with com.apple.broadcast-services (generated by Xcode 8) and also an iOS-11 extension with "com.apple.broadcast-services-upload" (generated by Xcode 9 and later). The two components can share the same source code during build. In any event, the UI model is slightly different.