"Bad Bundle Identifier" issue

Background: I have an app currently in the store containing a notification extension. The app's bundle ID is (redacted) `com.mycompany.myapp`, and the notification extension's bundle ID is `com.mycompany.myapp.notification.extension`.

Several builds with this setup have been submitted successfully, including the build currently available on the store for download.

When I try to upload my new build, I get the following error:

ERROR ITMS-90347: "Bad bundle identifier. The bundle identifier 'com.mycompany.myapp.notification.extension' of the application extension MyApp.app/PlugIns/MyApp Notification Extension.appex should start with the application's bundle identifier 'com.mycompany.myapp' and not contain more than one period "." after the application's bundle ID."

Does anybody know what's going on here? Have the rules regarding valid bundle IDs changed in the past month or so? How can I upload my new build without changing my bundle ID? I've tried uploading via both Application Loader and the iTunes Connect API.

Replies

Strange it should stop working - might be the backend acting out. Maybe wait and try later?

I am also facing the same issue. did you find any solution for this?