Xcode 9 Beta 5, 137% CPU Usage?

Hi,

I seem to be getting ridiculously high CPU usage from "Interface Builder Cocoa Touch Tool", no online fixes seem to work so far, is anyone else experiencing this issue? It's literally making it unusable.

Thanks,

ND

Replies

240% for me. I filed a bug

I get this problem when I connect my laptop to an external screen.

Not connecting to an external screen and Xcode9 beta 5 behaves correctly.

HOW TO FIX:

1. open the Activity Monitor

2. open CPU tab

3. force quit Interface builder process

This doesn't really fix it for me. Yes, it prevents my Mac from melting, but it seems to render interface builder useless (slow, beach balls, 'an internal error has occurred message', etc) until Xcode is restarted. Of course, the very next time I open a storyboard, as many as 4 instances of this process start going nuts again.

New Xcode9 beta6 is released with a fix! Download it from here: https://developer.apple.com/download/

Unfortunately beta 6 did not fix the issue for me.

Beta 6 did not fix the issue for me either. I can't do anything.

what happend to this ?? I still have this issue on the final release!!

same for me 150%

XCode 9.01 and I still have this problem.

Has anyone figured out a way to work around this problem?

xcode 9.0.1 and high sierra and still having same issue on my new macbook, beachballing all the time in storyboards

I created an account just say that it is happening to me also with 9.0.1. What's strange is that while certain actions always trigger it for me, similar actions do not.

For example: In attributes inspector selecting a 'system item' that is 'camera' works just fine but selecting 'Action' will cause the interface builder process to go to 100% cpu utilization and Xcode stops responding. I also hit this when trying to delete a particular constraint.

I get this whenever I switch view controllers or try to link up view controllers to elements. Beachballs 5 secs every time. Even when I app switch from safari back to xcode it beachballs again

I have plenty of memory available on my macbook and it's only a year old

Are people on imac's experiencing this or is it just macbooks?

I'm on a 2017 iMac.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

High Sierra Version 10.13 (17A405)
Xcode Version 9.0.1 (9A1004)
I have this problem too! I can't work with this BUG! It' really CRITICAL BUG!

Apple please fix it