How to prepare Xcode 9 to build app for iphone 4?

Hi all, due to cost constraints I have to test my first app which is designed for multiple users on the iphone 4 and iphone 5.

I am not sure how to set up Xcode to be able to do this. For example, there is no simulator for either of these devices. I would be grateful for advice as to how best to set up Xcode 9 to ready it in such a way that developing the app will run as smoothly as possible as far as Xcode settings are involved?

I need to have ios 7 upwards to ios 10 as supported deployment targete as well.

Would really appreciate any help!

Accepted Reply

I don't think you can get there from here...

At this time, indications are that Xcode 9.x supports iOS SDK 11 w/deployment down to 8.0 - note that Apple dropped support for the iPhone 4 w/iOS 8.

I think in your example, you'll need to either wait for the Xcode 9 release version to see what if any other SDKs are included (while keeping expectations very low) and/or fallback to older tools, but there isn't enough info in your post to know if that's an option, so...

If 'cost constraints' means you don't have the devices to test on, best to leverage TestFlight in that case.

Replies

I don't think you can get there from here...

At this time, indications are that Xcode 9.x supports iOS SDK 11 w/deployment down to 8.0 - note that Apple dropped support for the iPhone 4 w/iOS 8.

I think in your example, you'll need to either wait for the Xcode 9 release version to see what if any other SDKs are included (while keeping expectations very low) and/or fallback to older tools, but there isn't enough info in your post to know if that's an option, so...

If 'cost constraints' means you don't have the devices to test on, best to leverage TestFlight in that case.