The bundle is invalid - your app contains pathes that are not allowed

Hi all,

the bundle that I upload for TestFlight testing gets rejected with this message in Xcode 9 beta 5:

We have discovered one or more issues with your recent delivery for "Market Pulse Invest". To process your delivery, the following issues must be corrected:

This bundle is invalid - Your archive contains paths that are not allowed: ( "AppThinning.plist" )

I found no reference to AppThinning.plist in the bundle.

Does anybody know what could cause this issue?

Thanks and greeting

Andreas

Replies

Does anyone have any updates about this issue?

I'm also facing it.

I am also experiencing this and can't submit a build using xcode 9 GM.

Also having the same issue with the 9GM.

I also have the same issue with Xcode 9 GM, and I don't know how to fix it.

My workaround was to build the archive with Xcode 9 and then upload with Xcode 8. Not sure if that will cause any issues, but so far, everything seems to be working fine. TestFlight works, and I've submitted the app for review to release to the app store.

I got this error message when I unchecked the "Strip Swift symbols" option when uploading to the App Store. I did another build and uploaded with "Strip Swift symbols" checked (which was the default) and that upload worked.

if you have solve this question? I face this question also? could you help me ? thank you

Hi there,

I am having this same result but perhaps a different process of getting there.

I have an old project that is ObjectiveC, and we added Swift to it (just unit tests for now).

It obviously has the Swift bridging header and everything works fine, etc.

However, upon upload I got:

Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it.

So we set "Always Embed Swift Standard Libraries" to YES. Then resubmitted.

Now I am getting this..

This bundle is invalid - Your archive contains paths that are not allowed: ( "NameOfApp.swiftmodule" )

Do you have any input on how to resolve this?

I am considering just removing the swift bridging header, it's reference in build settings and just remove the swift unit tests. Hassle doesn't seem worth it but I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.