in app purchase for multiple devices with different itunes accounts

Hi there,

I'm looking for some help regarding setting up an in app purchase. We have a free version of our app for filling out forms on a mobile device.

The user needs to submit the form to us, and we configure the form to be filled out on iPhone.

The app has been rejected because when the user submits a form to us, then we take an external payment then give the user a document number a unique key to download the form inside the app. I think Apple want to take a cut of the payment, which is ok, but i'm not sure how to set up an in app purchase to only charge the user per form that has been downloaded (unlimited downloads over multipe devices), without having to purchase an "in app" per device as this will become to costly for businesses that have many field staff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I dont really want to set up a B2B transaction

Replies

>when the user submits a form to us, then we take an external payment then give the user a document number a unique key to download the form inside the app.

Change your approach so that instead of taking "an external payment" you require that the user purchase a single consumable IAP (a "Token") and have the app indicate to you that they have made that purchase and deduct their Token as payment.

Thanks for your response. I think this woud work like a normal IAP, however I'll give an example of the case.

(a) A Company contacts me to configure a form for them.

(b) I use our website to do the magic then send the customer a download key

(c) The download Key is entered inside the app and installed on there device.

my issues are...

1. The client has 7 other field staff with different itunes accounts.

2. Apple wants an IAP for the form, How can i give Apple a cut and let multiple users download the form with an IAP

It seems that you are unlocking code using a method other than IAP. If you now switch over to doing that only through IAP then the company can obtain the form from you using a token exchange as described earlier. Now how does the company make that available to their 7 field staff offices?

One way is a 'reader app' as described in Guideline 3.1.3. Actually - if you can become simply a reader app then might eliminate the IAP entirely, if you wish.

https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/#content-based-reader-apps

Another way is to have the company post it to the public database in CloudKit and have the staff offices access the file using either a password to access the CloudKit file or an email link to access the CloudKit file. I think that will be acceptable to App Review.

You could have everyone access the file using a password on your server and explain to Apple that the only way they get that password, the only payments you receive, is through the IAP (for example - use the original_transaction_id as the password!) but that would require that Apple trust that you are not going around the IAP system to supply content to your app.