nowPlayingItem + other MusicPlayer properties bug iOS11 beta 5 and earlier

I have a mature, existing iOS app that makes many calls to MPMusicPlayerController. In iOS11 beta5 and earlier, many cause a permanent blocking. I found this in the release notes:

Known Issues

• Setting the nowPlayerItem property of MPMusicPlayerController does not work. (32258814)

But I'm also having trouble reading the property for playbackState on the musicplayer as well.

Is it safe to assume that all these are related to a known bug? Is there a way to view the bug (I guess the number in the doc is a bug radar number) even if I didn't file it just to confirm the trouble I'm having is part of the known issue?

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been so lucky in the past that I don't have much experience with the bug reporter ;-)

Replies

With iOS11 GM seed, I'm still having trouble setting the nowPlayerItem. It no longer hangs permanently, but sometimes causes the thread to hand up to 5 seconds, and doesn't realibly start playing the track I've set the item to.

I've tried every creative coding trick I can, and still cannont produce a reliable way to play a track with the mediaplayer with a mediaItem.

// a line like this will sometimes: a) execute immediately as expected, b) sometimes take up to 5 seconds to execute and play as expected, c) not change the currently playing track at all

musicPlayer.nowPlayingItem = desiredTrack.mediaitem ;

Can anyone offer guidance or suggestions or a magic workaround to help? With the public relase of iOS11 in a fes days, I'm getting nervous.

>Is there a way to view the bug

Devs are only allowed to view their own reports.

As iOS 11 is out of beta, you should be able to burn a support ticket w/DTS now. Do this via the Member Center.

Did you found a solution?